Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Viewing List

Every year I start off the summer with grand plans. "I am going to do an entire X-Files series re-watch!" I will proclaim around the beginning of June. And sure, things get off to a good start, but then I get distracted by something shiny and all my high hopes get dashed against the pavement of reality.

But this year will be different! Sure, it's the summer which means a shocking lack of original programming (though the networks are getting better at this, you have to admit), but I am going to do my best to keep my expectations realistic. So without further adieu, I present to you "Maggie Cats' Summer Viewing List."

New Shows

True Blood

Breaking Pointe

So You Think You Can Dance

Bunheads

Newsroom

Craft Wars (what? I like crafts, so sue me).


Old Shows 

Gossip Girl, Season 5

Fringe, Season 5 (both GG and Fringe were cut from my schedule for time. There's only so many hours in the day, you know?)

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 rewatch

Peep Show (a BBC comedy, recommended by a friend)

....and I might give Pretty Little Liars a look-see since I have been hearing from various sources that it is teen soapy fun, and therefore the PERFECT summer show.

Oh, and I just realized I still have the whole Hatfields & McCoys mini-series sitting on my DVR. Son of a bitch. I kind of can't stand Bill Paxton or Kevin Costner, but I have heard good things so I am going to give it a try. 

What do you guys have any on your summer viewing list?

No comments:

Post a Comment